The Bank of Queensland (BOQ) SME Recovery Loan Program Business Loan is designed to support businesses that have been negatively affected by COVID-19 with a low rate variable loan of up to $ 5,000,000 , to be repaid over a period of up to 10 years. This rate will be evaluated according to your needs, and you will need to contact BOQ directly to discuss it and find out your rate.
80% of this loan is guaranteed by the Australian government, with partial or fully guaranteed options available for the remainder.
Is my company eligible for the SME Recovery Scheme?
Since the program aims to support small and medium-sized businesses that have been affected by the coronavirus pandemic or the March 2021 floods, the eligibility criteria are broad and include those that have accessed phases 1 and 2 of the program. relaunch of SMEs.
Companies are eligible to apply for the BOQ PME Reprise loan if they:
- Are a business, individual or non-profit trader with a valid registered ABN.
- Have annual revenue in fiscal year 2019-2020 of less than $ 250 million and likely to be less than $ 250 million in fiscal years 2020-21 and 2021-22, and
- Be economically affected by the coronavirus pandemic, or
Were negatively affected economically by the floods of March 2021 and are a company located or operating in local government areas (LGAs) affected by the floods.
- Are approved and have all documents signed and returned to BOQ before December 31, 2021
The old condition of having accessed JobKeeper no longer applies as of October 1, 2021.
What can I spend this money on?
- Refinancing of outstanding loans
- The purchase of assets related to the business such as equipment, furniture or vehicles
- Provide working capital
- Buying a commercial property
- Acquisition of another business
What can I not spend this money on?
- Acquisition of residential property. Businesses such as motels are not considered residential properties
- The purchase of financial products, such as investments or insurance
- Loan to an associated entity
- Rent or lease assets that are more than half of their effective life
What counts as residential property?
Residential property in this loan is defined as property held for non-business reasons, such as hotels, guesthouses or trailer parks. This does not include a residence that is rented. If you are not sure, consult BOQ directly.
Main features of the BOQ SME recovery loan program
- No administration fees or monthly service fees
- A low and variable interest rate. Discuss it directly with BOQ to determine yours
- Possibility of deferring payments for up to 12 months. However, interest still accrues over this period and is added to the loan balance.
- A loan-to-value ratio of up to 100% will be considered if your owner-occupied mortgage is with BOQ
- The possibility of reviewing the loan structure at the end of the loan term
How to register
Apply with BOQ to discuss your situation and needs. After that, a representative will contact you with your proposed rates and terms.